Celanese Corporation is a Fortune 400 company. Our headquarters are located in Dallas, Texas. With nearly 7100 employees located throughout our 31 global facilities, we are an industry leader in using advanced technology to produce materials included in products vital to everyday use such as automotive, electronics, pharmaceuticals, and paints. Our company takes pride in maintaining management of high financial, social, safety and environmental responsibility in everything it does. We are recognized by Glassdoor for treatment of our employees and global customers, and offer our employees outstanding benefits, including a 401K designed to ensure long term financial security. Our company focuses on the cooperation of its employees, provides competitive salary, and emphasizes giving back to the community. For more information about Celanese and our products please visit www.celanese.com
The Finance Intern will assist the corporate accounting and Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) teams with various financial analyses and reports, data input, financial research, and SOX testing to ensure accuracy and completeness of internal and external financial reporting and SOX compliance.
- Assist with preparation of external reports using collaborative software (Workiva), including the accumulation of supporting documentation, ensuring completeness and accuracy.
- Tie-out to supporting documentation, presentations and materials prepared by Investor Relations for completeness and accuracy.
- Research comparator SEC financial disclosures.
- Prepare financial statements and supporting documentation for employee benefit plans and other statutory reporting.
- Perform controls testing using CE's compliance software Cadency.
- Update controls documentation such as flowcharts
- Assist SOX team with other ad hoc tasks.
- Assist corporate accounting teams with ad-hoc accounting analyses.
1) Strong computer skills -- MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook etc.
2) Strong communication and writing skills.
4) Attention to detail
1) Experience using Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook.
Must be a rising senior, working towards bachelors in Accounting or equivalent