- Assist with preparation and review of external reports using collaborative software (Workiva), including the accumulation of supporting documentation, ensuring completeness and accuracy.
- Review presentations and materials prepared by Investor Relations for completeness and accuracy.
- Perform/review XBRL tagging of required disclosures within the Form 10-Q and 10-K.
- Review monthly accounting and recording of jorunal entries for corporate level areas (remediation, stock compensation, severance, pensions, etc.)
- Prepare/review financial statements and supporting documentation for employee benefit plans and other statuatory reporting, including providing assistance to external auditors as necessary.
- Proactively identify and evaluate transactions, complex accounting judgments and financial results ensuring that US GAAP and company policy are appropriately followed and documented.
- Assist in the implementation of new accounting standards, including revenue recognition and leasing, as well as initiatives designed to enhance efficiency and effectiveness of internal control compliance.
- Clear and demonstrated understanding of US-GAAP and SEC reporting with ability to apply and communicate knowledge.
- Strong written and oral communication skills and ability to lead and present to a broad range of functional employees.
- Strong expertise in excel.
- Detailed SAP experience a plus.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
- Highly skilled researcher; Quick problem solver.
- Excellent attention to detail and proved leadership and organizational skills.
- Highly motivated, reliable, accurate and able to work independently.
- Ability to travel on a limited basis (estimated to be less than 10%)
- Experience using Workiva Wdesk.
- Chemical industry experience
- 6+ years experience, inclusive of recent and significant public accounting experience at a large international accounting firm.
- CPA or equivalent is mandatory. Bachelors degree or equivalent in accounting. Master’s degree preferred.