Celanese is a Fortune 500 global chemical innovation company that engineers and manufactures chemicals used in products essential to everyday living. Headquartered in Dallas, TX, we employ over 7,700 dedicated people working between 43 facilities across 18 countries. We are committed to employee growth and creating shareholder value to ensure continued opportunities make a difference. Our company focuses on the safety of its employees, provides competitive compensation (including benefits starting day 1), and emphasizes giving back to the community. For more information about Celanese and our products please visit www.celanese.com
This Engineer position will be responsible for management of the Celanese Florence site QC testing team and will have oversight of mechanical testing, routine molding, and common polymer characterization techniques. He/she will also independently own and drive challenging application testing projects. Candidate should have knowledge of polymer-related mechanical tests, rheology, thermal testing, etc., and an understanding of the underlying chemistry and physics of engineered plastics. Experience with quality standards such as ISO 17025 is preferred. This leader will facilitate improvement projects related to safety, quality, and productivity. This team includes 24/7 shift coverage, so some flexibility to interface with night shifts is required (monthly safety meetings, etc.). Candidate should have experience with team leadership and performance management, and a demonstrated track record of continuous improvement projects.
• MS or MEng preferred in Mechanical Engineering, Polymer Science, Material Science, Chemical Engineering, or related field.
• BS in Mechanical Engineering, Polymer Science, Material Science, Chemical Engineering, or related field also acceptable with significant relevant experience
• 5+ years experience in laboratory environment
• Experience with engineering polymers and testing techniques
• Effective communication - both verbal and written
• Strong understanding and commitment to safe lab practices
• Strong commitment to lab quality (calibrations, reliable results, etc.)
• Experience with Six Sigma and statistical analysis tools
• Experience with DOE's, method validation (R&R) demonstration
• Excellent technical writing and presentation skills
• Basic understanding of polymer manufacturing/conversion techniques (specifically compounding and injection molding)
• Fluency with MS Word, Powerpoint, Excel and statistical software
• Must strive for continuous improvement and be flexible/adaptible
• Must be energetic, self motivated