Celanese is a Fortune 500 global chemical innovation company that engineers and manufactures chemicals used in products essential to everyday living. Headquartered in Dallas, TX, we employ over 7,700 dedicated people working between 43 facilities across 18 countries. We are committed to employee growth and creating shareholder value to ensure continued opportunities make a difference. Our company focuses on the safety of its employees, provides competitive compensation (including benefits starting day 1), and emphasizes giving back to the community. For more information about Celanese and our products please visit www.celanese.com
As a Lab Technician you will:
- Assist in design and construction of R&D testing units including laboratory and pilot scale reactors and distillation columns. Select, install, and calibrate lab and pilot scale instruments and equipment.
- Perform hands-on laboratory experiments to accomplish project goals: monitor process variables and make adjustments to maintain experimental parameters, collect samples, monitor and evaluate analytical data, assist with data analysis and written reports for internal presentation.
- Maintain clear communication with all stakeholders regarding progress of experiments, experimental results, and issues with unit/facilities.
- Safe operation and maintenance of lab units and equipment. Be aware of and maintain compliance with periodic unit maintenance, functional, and safety documentation requirements.
- Participate in site safety program, contribute to developing safe operating procedures for new and existing equipment, participate in pre start-up safety reviews, demonstrate good laboratory practices and abide by lab procedures